Revelstoke hiking at its best! Alpine or trail hiking, Revelstoke offers some of the most spectacular scenery and lots of peace and quiet.
This is no Jasper or Lake Louise, where you are sharing the trails with hundreds of wannebee hikers and city slickers. It's the real thing.
Free Hiking around Glacier House Hotel & Resort
A variety of self-guided trails start right at Glacier House and lead to look-outs, a sensational waterfall or the high alpine of Frisby Ridge .
Guests can obtain a map at the front desk of the lodge.
1. Glacier Hike - easy 1 km
A short 1 km hike leads around the proerty. Stop at the pond in the early morning or evening and watch the beavers.
2. Look Out trail. - strenous 1.5 km
A short powerful hike up the bluffs to the south is rewarded with great views of the city and the Columbia Valley
3. Moses Creek Waterfall - moderate 4 km 1-1.5 hr.
A relatively easy hike takes you down through the forests in 25-40 minutes to the gorgeous Moses Falls that tumble down in a narrow forested canyon. Best time is June and early July for massive water in the falls and in September when the Moses Creek Spawning Channel is visited by thousands of Kokanee and Dolly Varden, who come here to lay their eggs. A more strenuous 45-60 minute trail up-hill brings you back to the lodge. Good hiking shoes recommended
4. Frisby Ridge - Moderate 5-6 kms 1.5-2 hrs.
Follow the forest roads up the mountain for 1.5 kms and loop back via the north. Nice views of the Revelstoke Dam and valley on your way back down.
Guided Hikes from Glacier House Resort
Visit the alpine of Frisby Ridge and have lunch at our private cabin 'Glacier Station at 6200 ft. Guided hikes and helicopter assisted hiking onto Frisby Ridge are available on request. Put your group together and come out for a week of hiking in late august when the wildflowers are blooming. Kootenay House with its multiple bedrooms and outdoor hot tub offers ideal accommodations for hiking parties of 8 or more.
Call 1-877-837-9594 or E-mail us with your hiking wishes.
Other Favorite Hikes around Revelstoke
- Hiking in Mt. revelstoke Nat. Park. Spectacular hiking starts across the valley with easy trails leading to alpine lakes.
- Climb Mt. Begbie: our highest peak in the valley can be climbed up to the glacier, or go to the top with a guide.
- Visit the alpine of the Keystone Basin and hike into an old cabin for grand views of the Selkirk and Monashee Mountains .