Where we are
Glacier House Hotel & Resort is located at the foot of Frisby Ridge, 7 kms north from Revelstoke, BC.
Among Revelstoke Hotels, Glacier House Hotel & Resort has one of the most scenic and quiet locations. Away from the hustle and bustle of the Trans Canada Highway, and the ever present railroad, Glacier House is located 7 kms (4 miles) north from the townsite on a large bench overlooking the Begbie Glacier and Mount Revelstoke National Park.
Our official address is 1870 Glacier Lane. (For Satellite navigation: 679 Westside Road)
- 10 Minutes to Revelstoke's Down town
- 20 Minutes to the Mount Revelstoke Resort ski hill
- 0 Minutes to Frisby Ridge snowmobiling and 5 minutes to Boulder Mountain Parking lot
- Direct snowmobile access to Frisby, Boulder and Turtle Mountain
- 4.5 Hours to Calgary, 6 hours to Vancouver, 2 hours to Kelowna or Kamloops airports
How to get here by Car
- From the West: On the Trans Canada Highway, turn left at the first traffic lights you encounter in Revelstoke. Follow the Westside road 7 kms to GHH&R.
- From the East: Stay on the Trans Canada Highway to the west, bypassing the Revelstoke townsite indications. Straight at the second traffic lights, go across the Columbia River Bridge and turn right at the next set of lights. Follow the Westside road 7 kms to GHH&R.
- From the South (highway 23): Follow highway 23 north till you come to the junction with the Trans Canada Highway. At the traffic lights go straight onto the Westside road. Follow the Westside road 7 kms to GHH&R.
Driving time to Revelstoke:
- Kelowna 2 hours
- Kamloops 2.5 hours
- Calgary 4.5 hours
- Vancouver 6 hours
- Seattle 8 hours
- New York 5 days or 72.3 hours non stop
Winter Highway Conditions
The mountain highways east and west from Revelstoke are susceptible to closures and poor winter conditions. We advise you to check the current road conditions at Drive BC before driving to Revelstoke. Or get an up-to-date road report at 1-800-550-4997. Please ensure your vehicle has proper winter tires or 4x4 drive.
What airport to use
We are easily reached by the major airports in Calgary, Vancouver or Seattle. From these airports direct connecting flights to the regional Kelowna airport (YLW) are offered by Alaskan Airlines, Westjet or Air Canada. From the Kelowna airport it is appr. 2 hours to Revelstoke, over well maintained roads. Transfer services from Kelowna to Revelstoke are available. Altenatively you can rent vehicles at the Kelowna airport and drive up yourself.
Traveling by Bus
Greyhound Canada offers a variety of connections from all major cities in Canada and the US to Revelstoke. Plan your trip and visit the grey dog website.