We are accepting applications for the following positions:
First Cook - 1 part-time leading to full-time (As soon as possible, May 12, 2016)
Hotel Shift Supervisor - 1 full-time Contract (1 year minimum, April 15 2016)
We are accepting applications for the following positions:
We offer competitive wages, hours and incentives! On-site staff accommodation is available.
Brief job summaries are listed below. To apply for one of these positions, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off in person and tell us why you want to work for us. No phone calls please, successful applicants will be contacted.
First Cook Job Summary:
The First Cook, under the direction of the Executive Chef, will prepare, present, store, and dispatch all food products, specifically, but not limited to the Gallery Restaurant and Bar. This will include various functions to pre-set menu specifications within the given time limitations as previously determined by the Executive Chef and Guest, according to the standards of Glacier House Resort Ltd., as determined by the Executive Chef, and in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
• Ensure and provide consistent food preparation and the highest calibre of food presentation, following Glacier House Resort Ltd. food service and hospitality standards, and ensure communication to the food service staff and supervisors, specifically but not limited to Food Production operations within the kitchen.
• Ensure cleanliness and hygiene is maintained in the various kitchen areas including refrigerators and storerooms and that food products are rotated to ensure high standards of freshness. Ensure refrigerators and storerooms are organized and maintained in the various kitchen areas on a daily basis and that all food products are stored in accordance with provincial regulations.
• Maintain product consistency by following standards and regularly conduct inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food prepared as per culinary guidelines.
• All buffets, banquets, functions, and caterings are to be conducted in a timely fashion, ensuring readiness to start the event a minimum of fifteen minutes prior to the service time.
• Ensure that the kitchen prep area is maintained at the highest level of cleanliness at all times, especially during food production. This includes: any food spills are cleaned immediately, all equipment is cleaned on a daily basis, there is no build up of grease or other stains on all equipment.
• Ensure that food deliveries have been delivered and stored according to the standards set by the Executive Chef and provincial health regulations.
• Communicate to the Serving Staff for tasks encompassing Special Event Operations.
• Follow any and all recipes as they apply to any food products that you prepare, as determined by the Executive Chef.
• Ensure the proper use of scales and measurements in all recipes, portioning, and food production by both yourself and the staff under your direct supervision.
• Carry out other related duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Hotel Shift Supervisor Job Summary:
Job Summary: The Hotel Shift Supervisor is responsible for assisting the General Manager and CEO with the day-to-day operations of the hotel. This position requires hands on learning in all departments in order to understand how each operates and to improve efficiency and service levels. The Hotel Shift Supervisor must have a willingness to be flexible with their schedule with a positive “can do” attitude, filling in where and when required. In addition to creating a memorable customer service experience. This is a minimum 1 year contract position.
• Assist with hiring, training and scheduling of staff in accordance with the General Managers requirements
• Perform a variety of duties including front desk, housekeeping, maintenance, serving and some administrative tasks
• Create new staff orientation training program and tracking system
• Conduct room checks prior to guest check-ins, follow up with Housekeeping team when required. Report deficiencies to Housekeeping Supervisor and General Manager
• Assist with basic maintenance related items
• Problem solve any day to day situations in regards to the hotel operation • Assist the accounting department monthly invoicing for all Tour Operators
• Assist with cash out reconciliations, back office float management and bank deposits
• Create new efficiencies in the day to day operations
• Attend meetings in regards to marketing initiatives and group/event coordinating
• Assist with carrying out group/event requirements in regards to scheduling, set up and take down
• Provide exceptional guest service with a guest first attitude
• Assist with Great Canadian Tours day to day guest experience if/when required
• Other duties as assigned or required
Working at Glacier House Resort is great. You'll be working in a hands-on environment, where we all work together to provide exceptional service to our guests. We provide competitive pay and additional benefits like outdoor adventures, staff parties, free equipment rentals, and more. Under new ownership and management, Glacier House is growing and changing fast with new ideas, involvement in the community, fun and exciting events, upgrades and renovations to the property, a focus on sustainability, and new products coming soon. The opportunities are endless!
Limited staff housing in the main lodge is available and we can assist newcomers with finding suitable accommodations if you cannot stay on-site. Work hours are flexible and range from 7 am till 11/12 pm at night, 7 days a week. If you do not live on-site, you will need transport to the resort as we are approx 10 kms from downtown Revelstoke. Both seasonal workers here on a short term basis, and those looking for long term positions are welcome.
There is always lots to do at Glacier House Resort. In winter, we are home to groups coming to enjoy Revelstoke's legendary snow - both skiing and snowmobiling - in our winter wonderland. Our cozy Gallery Bar is the perfect place for 'apres' with hearty fare and local beer and wine - just what our guests need after a big day in the mountains! In summer we are lucky to enjoy visitors from all over the world. Glacier House is a real taste of the Canadian outdoor experience and our guests love our location nestled in the BC mountains with stunning views. We are working hard to develop new ideas and products to make the most of our close proximity to Revelstoke's amazing hiking, biking, paddling, climbing fishing and golf.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort is just 15kms from us!
Staff snowmobile ride, Winter 2016.
The town of Revelstoke is 7 kms away and the resort is served by a well maintained paved road (which is ploughed in winter). Revelstoke (pop. 9000) offers a broad spectrum of services, including schools, a full service hospital, a selection of shops and supermarkets, beauty spas and salons, a year round Farmers' market, and plenty of recreational opportunities.
Revelstoke is fast becoming famous for winter sports like snowmobiling, skiing, backcountry touring and cross country skiiing. In summer there is endless exploring to do in the area whether you enjoy hiking, mountain biking, road biking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, golf or simply relaxing in the sun enjoying the view!
We are lucky to have staff members from all over the world working at Glacier House Resort. You will need a valid work permit to allow you to work in Canada.
On-site staff accommodation may be an option depending on availability.
Looking for a short working holiday? We are looking for assistance with some general duties including landscaping, dish washing, and painting duties in our should season (April thru early June). We provide accommodation and cooking facilities in exchange for up to 5 hours of work per day. A complimentary light continental breakfast is also available. A minimum of a 5 day stay and work term would be required. Please inquire at email@example.com for more information.