We are accepting applications for the following positions, starting immediately.
We offer compentitive wages, hours and incentives!
Brief job summaries are listed below. To apply for one of these positions, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to work for us. No phone calls please, successful applicants will be contacted.
We look forward to another epic winter season!
Job Summary: The Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent is responsible for conducting a nightly audit and confirming the daily cash outs are balanced. This position is also required to complete general front desk duties (late check-ins) and assist with laundry. This position requires staff to work independently at night Responsibilities:
1. Reconcile daily totals and enter data in to spread sheets. Process all nightly charges in reservation system
2. Review all upcoming reservations for the next day and ensure all data is up to date and accurate
3. Print check in forms and create welcome packages
4. Print off daily reports for housekeeping and kitchen staff
5. Perform basic front desk duties such as answering the phone and checking in any late arrivals
6. Complete required laundry service for housekeeping department as instructed by the Housekeeping Supervisor
7. Promptly address and resolve all guest concerns or complaints, referring to General Manager when necessary
8. In general be courteous to and assist Glacier House Resort clients and staff when requested so.
9. Assist other departments as required.
Job Summary: Breakfast Server/Housekeeper is responsible for breakfast service in the Gallery Restaurant. This includes; set up and take down of the breakfast buffet as well as a la cart service when required (based on occupancy). Servers are responsible for taking and delivering customer food and beverage orders in an efficient and professional manner to ensure guests have an exceptional guest experience. Responsibilities:
1. Set up of breakfast room (hot buffet or a la cart service) before food service commences. This includes restocking breakfast related items such as cups, plates, cutlery, napkins, etc
2. Greet and seat customers
3. Manage the hot buffet breakfast items, refilling as required.
4. Ensuring breakfast room presentation meets company standards
5. Take and relay food and beverage orders for a la cart service
6. Checking on tables to make sure service and quality of food and drinks are guaranteed
7. Providing bills and settling payments with clients
8. Complete cash out and reconcile cash with total sales when required
9. Assisting with doing dishes in kitchen
10. Clean up of breakfast room after service, including vacuuming, removing of any garbage, dusting and turning off lights and locking doors.
11. Assist kitchen with making packed lunches if and when required
12. Assist Housekeeping team with room and cabin daily cleans, especially during high volume check out days.
13. Assist other departments as required.
Job Summary: Servers are responsible for taking and delivering customer food and beverage orders in an efficient and professional manner to ensure guests have an exceptional guest experience.Responsibilities:
1. Set up of bar and dining room before food service commences. This includes turning on the tv’s, music system, chopping wood and making fire in the fireplace, turning on overhead projector, candles, napkins, cutlery, glasses, plates, restocking of restaurant items (plates, cups, glasses, cutlery, etc) as well as liquor restocking of fridges.
2. Greet and seat customers.
3. Take and relay food and beverage orders.
4. Checking on tables to make sure service and quality of food and drinks are guaranteed.
5. Mixing of drinks.
6. During service: keep guest entertainment equipment going (tv, music, etc). Encourage clients to play the games as available in the bar/restaurant (cards, poker set, darts, fuss ball, etc).
7. Providing bills and settling payments with clients.
8. Complete cash out and reconcile cash with total sales.
9. Doing dishes in kitchen
10. Clean up of bar and dining room after service, including vacuuming, removing of any garbage, dusting and mopping tiled floors and turning off lights and locking doors.
11. Occasionally occurring tasks like cleaning kitchen shelves, refilling pop machines, storing away received goods and other tasks as related to the operation of a restaurant/bar.
12. Assist other departments as required.
Working at Glacier House Hotel and Resort is great. You'll be working in a hands-on environment, where we all work together to provide exceptional service to our guests. We provide competitive pay and additional benefits like outdoor adventures, staff parties, free equipment rentals, and more. Under new ownership and management, Glacier House is growing and changing fast with new ideas, involvement in the community, fun and exciting events, upgrades and renovations to the property, a focus on sustainability, and new products coming soon. The opportunities are endless!
Limited staff housing in the main lodge is available and we can assist newcomers with finding suitable accommodations if you cannot stay on-site. Work hours are flexible and range from 7 am till 11/12 pm at night, 7 days a week. If you do not live on-site, you will need transport to the resort as we are approx 7 kms from downtown Revelstoke. Both seasonal workers here on a short term basis, and those looking for long term positions are welcome.
There is always lots to do at Glacier House Resort. In winter, we are home to groups coming to enjoy Revelstoke's legendary snow - both skiing and snowmobiling - in our winter wonderland. Our cozy Gallery Bar is the perfect place for 'apres' with hearty fare and local beer and wine - just what our guests need after a big day in the mountains! In summer we are lucky to enjoy visitors from all over the world. Glacier House is a real taste of the Canadian outdoor experience and our guests love our location nestled in the BC mountains with stunning views. We are working hard to develop new ideas and products to make the most of our close proximity to Revelstoke's amazing hiking, biking, paddling, climbing fishing and golf.
Front Desk Attendant
You will need to be friendly, organised and willing to give all our guests exceptional customer service. You will be responsible for taking care of our guests in-house, plus answering emails and phone calls through out your shift. Our Front Desk is the 'hub' for the hotel so you will need to multi-task and be able to work well under pressure when there is a lot going on!
Full Time and part time positions available. Morning and afternoon shifts will be required. Customer service experience is preferred.
Our Chefs are responsible for all aspects of Glacier House's F&B. You're a hands on person who likes to cook, but also can steer other F&B staff, put an exciting menu together, control costs and do ordering. Working with a small staff you must be a team player who can keep it fun, handle kitchen stress and keep it organized.
Must have min of 2 years experience with good references. Full time and part time positions.
This winter position is great for those who like to get out on the hill in the afternoons. We will train, but you must have prior cooking experience and be well organised in order to qualify for this position.
Yes, you'll have to get up early, but can be snowmobiling or skiing by lunchtime!
You are a hard worker, with attention to detail and very self motivated. You are responsible for all aspects of room and facility servicing. Work in a small but fun team with high standards.
Full time and part-time positions available.
You are a friendly assertive person who knows how to serve our guests right. Must have prior serving experience and preferably a 'Serve-it-right', Food Safe or other hospitality certificate.
Breakfast and evening shifts available, full time & part time positions. Tips are shared with the kitchen.
Plow/ Backhoe Operator
A winter role assisting us in keeping the grounds and roads clear of snow. Some HD equipment experience is preferred, but will train. Must be dependable and available on an on-call basis. Must be mechanically inclined.
Part time position. Must be available early morning during snowfalls.
Email email@example.com if you have questions, or would like to join the team at Glacier House Resort.
The town of Revelstoke is 7 kms away and the resort is served by a well maintained paved road (which is ploughed in winter). Revelstoke (pop. 9000) offers a broad spectrum of services, including schools, a full service hospital, a selection of shops and supermarkets, beauty spas and salons, a year round Farmers' market, and plenty of recreational opportunities.
Revelstoke is fast becoming famous for winter sports like snowmobiling, skiing, backcountry touring and cross country skiiing. In summer there is endless exploring to do in the area whether you enjoy hiking, mountain biking, road biking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, golf or simply relaxing in the sun enjoying the view!
This is us on our staff ride in 2014!
We are lucky to have staff members from all over the world working at Glacier House. You will need a valid work permit to allow you to work in Canada. Assisstance can be given to help you get to, or stay in, Canada decided by management on a case by case basis.
Questions about Immigration or work permits? Call us to find out more.