We are accepting applications for the following positions:
We offer competitive wages, hours and incentives!
Brief job summaries are listed below. To apply for one of these positions, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why you want to work for us. No phone calls please, successful applicants will be contacted.
We look forward to another epic winter season!
Job Summary: The Supervising Chef is responsible to prepare, cook and present food as per our menu. This position also allows for creativity as new menus are to be created. Customer satisfaction is key so you will be responsible to ensure all guests have a great experience, while providing excellent food in a timely and presentable fashion.
Glacier House Resort is a year round destination resort located in Revelstoke, BC. The onsite restaurant serves dinner during the summer months.
We are seeking a Supervising Chef to start immediately and a possible two further chefs to start in June for the start of our Summer season.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified chef to assist in the running of our restaurant ktchen. Attention to detail is a must, as is demonstrated culinary expertise. The supervising chef will work with other members of the food service team to successfully execute the daily requirements of the restaurant.
This is a 4 night per week (Thursday thru Sunday) position during the shoulder season and will increase as we lead into our peak summer months. There is an opportunity for year round employment.
1. Lead and manage food preperation and cooking in kitchen.
2. Assit with menu creation.
3. Prepare and cook food in accordance with established recipes.
4. Ensure food quality standards are maintained/exceeded.
5. Plate and present food to specific portion sizes & qaulity standards.
6. Estimate food requirements and costs.
7. Keep stock and communicate ordering requirements to General Manager
8. Provide excellent customer service when serving guests and staff.
9. Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of work area at all times.
10. Hire, train and schedule new line cooks as required.
11. Assist with event coordination in respect to food requirements.
12. Cleaning duties as assigned.
Job Summary: Room Attendants/Breakfast Server are responsible for performing daily cleaning of all rooms, cabins, and public areas. This position is to ensure cleaning standards are met in a efficient and timely manner. In addition to setting up, stocking and taking down the continental breakfast.
1. Daily cleaning of rooms and cabins by priority
2. Cleaning duties include but are not limited to dusting, vacuuming, making beds, cleaning washrooms, taking out garbage, emptying ashtrays, and recycling bottles.
3. Use correct cleaning chemicals for designated surfaces, according to health & safety regulations and GHR requirements.
4. Washing, drying and folding laundry.
5. Restocking at end of day of all supplies and laundry used on carts, van and housekeeping rooms.
9. Daily cleaning of public areas like restaurant, bar, washrooms, hallways, etc.
10. Periodic washing of windows, curtains, walls, etc as done in spring and fall cleaning.
12. Handle guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction; direct dissatisfied guests to the Front Desk.
13. Communicate regularly with Front Desk; in particular at the start of the shift, during the shift with updates and at the end of shift for ‘the end of day’ handover.
14. Any other cleaning and clean up duties as related to the running of a hotel and restaurant.
15. Set up, stocking up and taking down the continental breakfast. Assist with any food prep when required.
15. Any other duties as may reasonably fall within the job role.
Working at Glacier House Resort is great. You'll be working in a hands-on environment, where we all work together to provide exceptional service to our guests. We provide competitive pay and additional benefits like outdoor adventures, staff parties, free equipment rentals, and more. Under new ownership and management, Glacier House is growing and changing fast with new ideas, involvement in the community, fun and exciting events, upgrades and renovations to the property, a focus on sustainability, and new products coming soon. The opportunities are endless!
Limited staff housing in the main lodge is available and we can assist newcomers with finding suitable accommodations if you cannot stay on-site. Work hours are flexible and range from 7 am till 11/12 pm at night, 7 days a week. If you do not live on-site, you will need transport to the resort as we are approx 10 kms from downtown Revelstoke. Both seasonal workers here on a short term basis, and those looking for long term positions are welcome.
There is always lots to do at Glacier House Resort. In winter, we are home to groups coming to enjoy Revelstoke's legendary snow - both skiing and snowmobiling - in our winter wonderland. Our cozy Gallery Bar is the perfect place for 'apres' with hearty fare and local beer and wine - just what our guests need after a big day in the mountains! In summer we are lucky to enjoy visitors from all over the world. Glacier House is a real taste of the Canadian outdoor experience and our guests love our location nestled in the BC mountains with stunning views. We are working hard to develop new ideas and products to make the most of our close proximity to Revelstoke's amazing hiking, biking, paddling, climbing fishing and golf.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort is just 15kms from us!
Staff snowmobile ride, Winter 2015.
Front Desk Attendant
You will need to be friendly, organised and willing to give all our guests exceptional customer service. You will be responsible for taking care of our guests in-house, plus answering emails and phone calls through out your shift. Our Front Desk is the 'hub' for the hotel so you will need to multi-task and be able to work well under pressure when there is a lot going on!
Full Time and part time positions available. Morning and afternoon shifts will be required. Customer service experience is preferred.
Our Chefs are responsible for all aspects of Glacier House's F&B. You're a hands on person who likes to cook, but also can steer other F&B staff, put an exciting menu together, control costs and do ordering. Working with a small staff you must be a team player who can keep it fun, handle kitchen stress and keep it organized.
Must have min of 2 years experience with good references. Full time and part time positions.
This winter position is great for those who like to get out on the hill in the afternoons. We will train, but you must have prior cooking experience and be well organised in order to qualify for this position.
Yes, you'll have to get up early, but can be snowmobiling or skiing by lunchtime!
You are a hard worker, with attention to detail and very self motivated. You are responsible for all aspects of room and facility servicing. Work in a small but fun team with high standards.
Full time and part-time positions available.
You are a friendly assertive person who knows how to serve our guests right. Must have prior serving experience and preferably a 'Serve-it-right', Food Safe or other hospitality certificate.
Breakfast and evening shifts available, full time & part time positions. Tips are shared with the kitchen.
Plow/ Backhoe Operator
A winter role assisting us in keeping the grounds and roads clear of snow. Some HD equipment experience is preferred, but will train. Must be dependable and available on an on-call basis. Must be mechanically inclined.
Part time position. Must be available early morning during snowfalls.
Email email@example.com if you have questions, or would like to join the team at Glacier House Resort.
The town of Revelstoke is 7 kms away and the resort is served by a well maintained paved road (which is ploughed in winter). Revelstoke (pop. 9000) offers a broad spectrum of services, including schools, a full service hospital, a selection of shops and supermarkets, beauty spas and salons, a year round Farmers' market, and plenty of recreational opportunities.
Revelstoke is fast becoming famous for winter sports like snowmobiling, skiing, backcountry touring and cross country skiiing. In summer there is endless exploring to do in the area whether you enjoy hiking, mountain biking, road biking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, golf or simply relaxing in the sun enjoying the view!
We are lucky to have staff members from all over the world working at Glacier House Resort. You will need a valid work permit to allow you to work in Canada. Assisstance can be given to help you get to, or stay in, Canada decided by management on a case by case basis.
Questions about Immigration or work permits? Call us to find out more.