We are accepting applications for the following positions:
We offer competitive wages, hours and incentives!
Brief job summaries are listed below. To apply for one of these positions, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or drop off in person and tell us why you want to work for us. No phone calls please, successful applicants will be contacted.
We look forward to a amazing winter season!
Job Summary: The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing guests with an exceptional guest experience. This position carries out the day-to-day activities of all guest reservations, check-ins/outs and all inquiries. This position also assist with breakfast service, housekeeping and dinner service as required.
1. Handle all reservations and inquiries for rooms, cabins, activities, and general inquiries via in person, by phone, email or in writing.
2. General front desk administration.
3. Small maintenance and cleaning of lodge areas, as related to the front desk (light bulb replacement, sweep steps, vacuum lobby and restaurant etc). If needed help out in housekeeping department.
4. General serving in the restaurant, including clean up, dishes, serving of drinks, etc.
5. In general be courteous to and assist Glacier House Resort clients and staff when requested so.
6. Occasionally occurring tasks like storing files, refilling pop machines, taking out garbage, storing away received goods and other tasks as related to the operation of a hotel/restaurant.
7. Assist other departments as required.
Job Summary: Reporting to the Senior Maintanance person, the Maintenance/Snow Removal person is responsible for performing general building and property maintenance. The duties include regular maintenance and upkeep of the pool, hot tubs, basic plumbing, basic electrical and overall property appearance. This position requires operating a backhoe for clearning roads and parking areas.
1. Maintain the pool and hot tubs, include daily testing and chemical application as required.
2. Ensure all public areas, landscaping and building appearance are up to standard by performing daily inspections.
3. Perform basic electrical and plumbing duties as needed in regards to all areas of the hotel.
4. Perform snow and ice removal duties, operating backhoe and other equipment.
5. Assist other departments as required.
Job Summary: The Line Cook is responsible to prepare, cook and present food as per our menu. This position also allows for creativity as new menus are to be created. Customer satisfaction is key so you will be responsible to ensure all guests have a great experience, while providing excellent food in a timely and presentable fashion. Previous experience and food safe certificate are required.
Glacier House Resort is a year round destination resort located in Revelstoke, BC. The onsite restaurant serves a hot breakfast and dinner during the winter months.
We are seeking a Line Cook to start in late November - early December for our busy winter season.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and fully qualified line cook to assist in the running of our restaurant ktchen. Attention to detail is a must, as is demonstrated culinary expertise. The line cook will work with other members of the food service team to successfully execute the daily requirements of the restaurant.
1. Prepare and cook food in accordance with established recipes.
2. Ensure food quality standards are maintained/exceeded.
3. Plate and present food to specific portion sizes & qaulity standards.
4. Assist with stock tracking and communicate ordering requirements to the Chef
5. Provide excellent customer service when serving guests and staff.
6. Ensure cleanliness and maintenance of work area at all times.
7. Cleaning duties as assigned.
Job Summary: Servers are responsible for taking and delivering customer food and beverage orders in an efficient and professional manner to ensure guests have an exceptional guest experience.
1. Set up of bar and dining room before food service commences.
2. Greet, seat, take orders, and serve customers.
3. Providing bills and settling payments with clients.
4. Complete cash out and reconcile cash with total sales.
5. Cleaning of the bar/restaurant as well as assisting with dishes.
6. Assist other departments as required.
Working at Glacier House Resort is great. You'll be working in a hands-on environment, where we all work together to provide exceptional service to our guests. We provide competitive pay and additional benefits like outdoor adventures, staff parties, free equipment rentals, and more. Under new ownership and management, Glacier House is growing and changing fast with new ideas, involvement in the community, fun and exciting events, upgrades and renovations to the property, a focus on sustainability, and new products coming soon. The opportunities are endless!
Limited staff housing in the main lodge is available and we can assist newcomers with finding suitable accommodations if you cannot stay on-site. Work hours are flexible and range from 7 am till 11/12 pm at night, 7 days a week. If you do not live on-site, you will need transport to the resort as we are approx 10 kms from downtown Revelstoke. Both seasonal workers here on a short term basis, and those looking for long term positions are welcome.
There is always lots to do at Glacier House Resort. In winter, we are home to groups coming to enjoy Revelstoke's legendary snow - both skiing and snowmobiling - in our winter wonderland. Our cozy Gallery Bar is the perfect place for 'apres' with hearty fare and local beer and wine - just what our guests need after a big day in the mountains! In summer we are lucky to enjoy visitors from all over the world. Glacier House is a real taste of the Canadian outdoor experience and our guests love our location nestled in the BC mountains with stunning views. We are working hard to develop new ideas and products to make the most of our close proximity to Revelstoke's amazing hiking, biking, paddling, climbing fishing and golf.
Revelstoke Mountain Resort is just 15kms from us!
Staff snowmobile ride, Winter 2015.
Front Desk Attendant
You will need to be friendly, organised and willing to give all our guests exceptional customer service. You will be responsible for taking care of our guests in-house, plus answering emails and phone calls through out your shift. Our Front Desk is the 'hub' for the hotel so you will need to multi-task and be able to work well under pressure when there is a lot going on!
Full Time and part time positions available. Morning and afternoon shifts will be required. Customer service experience is preferred.
Our Chefs are responsible for all aspects of Glacier House's F&B. You're a hands on person who likes to cook, but also can steer other F&B staff, put an exciting menu together, control costs and do ordering. Working with a small staff you must be a team player who can keep it fun, handle kitchen stress and keep it organized.
Must have min of 2 years experience with good references. Full time and part time positions.
This winter position is great for those who like to get out on the hill in the afternoons. We will train, but you must have prior cooking experience and be well organised in order to qualify for this position.
Yes, you'll have to get up early, but can be snowmobiling or skiing by lunchtime!
You are a hard worker, with attention to detail and very self motivated. You are responsible for all aspects of room and facility servicing. Work in a small but fun team with high standards.
Full time and part-time positions available.
You are a friendly assertive person who knows how to serve our guests right. Must have prior serving experience and preferably a 'Serve-it-right', Food Safe or other hospitality certificate.
Breakfast and evening shifts available, full time & part time positions. Tips are shared with the kitchen.
Plow/ Backhoe Operator
A winter role assisting us in keeping the grounds and roads clear of snow. Some HD equipment experience is preferred, but will train. Must be dependable and available on an on-call basis. Must be mechanically inclined.
Part time position. Must be available early morning during snowfalls.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions, or would like to join the team at Glacier House Resort.
The town of Revelstoke is 7 kms away and the resort is served by a well maintained paved road (which is ploughed in winter). Revelstoke (pop. 9000) offers a broad spectrum of services, including schools, a full service hospital, a selection of shops and supermarkets, beauty spas and salons, a year round Farmers' market, and plenty of recreational opportunities.
Revelstoke is fast becoming famous for winter sports like snowmobiling, skiing, backcountry touring and cross country skiiing. In summer there is endless exploring to do in the area whether you enjoy hiking, mountain biking, road biking, canoeing, kayaking, rock climbing, fishing, golf or simply relaxing in the sun enjoying the view!
We are lucky to have staff members from all over the world working at Glacier House Resort. You will need a valid work permit to allow you to work in Canada. Assisstance can be given to help you get to, or stay in, Canada decided by management on a case by case basis.
Questions about Immigration or work permits? Call us to find out more.